And I will give them one heart and one way, so that they may go on in the worship of me for ever, for their good and the good of their children after them. Jeremiah 32:39
Click the play button above when you see the video go live around 9:30AM EST. It will say video unavailable so make sure you click the watch this video link on YouTube.
We are now livestreaming on either YouTube or the Piedmont Presby Facebook Page. Thanks for your patience as we try to ensure more people get to watch this and we get used to the new formats.
If anyone has questions or wants to talk more about anything you've heard here today please let me or one of the elders know. There is also a link on the website for those viewing over the Internet. I also welcome your conversation about the things of life that lead you to joys or concerns. May God bless your growth in Spirit and Christian life. Amen.
We welcome you and would consider it an honor and privilege if you would choose to worship with us at Piedmont Presbyterian Church. If we can be of service to you in any way, please contact us.
We are part of a small, friendly, rural community located in Mineral County, West Virginia. Most Sunday mornings you will find a traditional church service with a few contemporary additions. We welcome folks of all denominations to join us! Our church is a member of the Shenandoah Presbytery of the PCUSA. Our pastor is Tom Forbes.
The PPC annual congregational meeting will be held via Zoom this Sunday, January 17th at 1:00 PM. We will elect officers for the class of '23 and hear a report on the budget.
Click here for Zoom Link
If you cannot or do not use Zoom, you may dial into the meeting at the telephone number below. Your telephone mute function is controlled by *6.
+1 301 715 8592
You are invited to an adult Sunday School that will happen every Sunday at 11AM EST. This class will be held over Zoom to discuss the book, Traveling Light by Max Lucado available as a video series on RightNow Media.
To participate in this class do these things:
1. Register for the class by Friday September 18th by replying to this email with "register." If your email address needs to be updated, include the new email address. You will then receive an email invitation to the Zoom meeting.
2. If you haven't already done so, activate your free access to RightNow Media from the email link you received earlier. If you did not receive an invitation to RightNow Media or are having trouble getting access contact Heather at the Keyser church office at 304-788-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Log into RightNow Media and, under Libraries, select "Piedmont and Keyser Presbyterian Churches. Under PPC and KPC Bible Studies you can then select the Traveling Light video series to view at least the first video.
4. As you watch the video, make notes of your observations and questions to share with the class on Sunday.
5. Take some time to poke around in RightNow Media to see what other resources are available.
6. On each Sunday a few minutes before 11:00 login to the Zoom meeting and join us for an hour or so discussing what you heard. If you have technical problems with Zoom let Tom know.
Hope to see you all on Sunday.
Some folks have asked about our offerings while church is online. If you want to send your donations and pledges, please send them to Piedmont Presbyterian Church, P.O. Box 51, Piedmont, WV, 26750. If you prefer to wait until we are back in the building, that is fine, too. Note: Please either include your envelope or write your envelope number on your check. Thank you for being a part of this new experience during these difficult times. Prayers for all!
We have updated our Church Events Page with a handy calendar that you can use to stay up to date with church events. Thanks to Debbie, Laurie, and Tom for keeping our Google Church Calendar updated and current.
Our church's ministry has expanded a bit! Jeanne Thrasher is serving by worshipping with Moran Manor residents the second Sunday each month. Church members can help by attending the services and visiting with the residents. Services are at 2 PM.
The Food Pantry is in continual need of non-perishable food items especially now as they prepare for the Thanksgiving holiday. Items such as dried beans, rice, jelly, spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, cereal, canned vegetables, canned fruit, pastas, peanut butter, mashed potatoes, gravy, noodles, yams, chicken broth, stuffing, cake mixes, icing, etc. are in need. The first Sunday of each month is designated as Food Pantry Collection Sunday. Please remember this special offering as the holidays are fast approaching. Monetary Donations may also be made by check payable to "Piedmont Presbyterian Church" and designated as "Food Pantry."
The Food Pantry is also in need of your plastic shopping bags and larger boxes so they can assemble the food donations.
|Piedmont Presbyterian Church||63 Ashfield St.||Piedmont, WV 26750|